Join Us Today
It is easy to become a member of the Mattel Federal Credit Union. If you are an employee of Mattel, Fisher-Price, or American Girl then you are eligible to be a member. You are also eligible if you are a household member or family member (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships) of a Mattel Federal Credit Union member in good standing. A household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
Once you are a member, you can keep your membership even if you leave Mattel.
How to Join?
Download a membership application and mail the completed notorized application to the credit union. Mail the following items in addition to your completed membership application:
- Employee ID
- Check for at least $50.00 payable to Mattel Federal Credit Union (MFCU). $50.00 must stay in your Regular Shares at all times to keep your membership.
- A copy of your employee badge from Mattel, Fisher-Price, or American Girl (if employed) or the name of the credit union member sponsoring your application for membership (if not employed).
- Two forms of identifications with at least one having a photograph. Acceptable identification includes driver license, passport, social security card, or military ID. This is in addition to your employee badge.
USA Patriot Act. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, in order to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license and other identifying documents. Therefore:
- Please have the following items/information handy: Driver's license or state ID number, mother's maiden name, Social Security number for you and any of your joint owners and co-borrowers, as well as the name, address, and Social Security number for your beneficiaries.
- Applicants must meet all requirements for membership in Mattel Federal Credit Union.
- Account opening subject to verification through a consumer reporting agency, third-party verification services, and Credit Union approval.